Pixel Experience is the best custom ROM for Android right now and I can draw out three reasons for that. First, it supports a huge number of devices from Xiaomi to Realme to Asus to Samsung. Second, it brings Pixel features for non-pixel devices like the newer Google Assistant, built-in GCam support, Pixel live wallpapers, and more. Also, on some ROMs, you may have to flash a GApps package such as OpenGapps (website) or NikGApps (website). I have personally tested almost all the ROMs listed below on my Redmi K20 Pro, Poco F1, and Mi A1.
There are more custom recoveries like CWM but they don’t work as well. Flashing TWRP opens up a whole new world of custom ROMS, Mods, Apps that are not officially supported, and much much more. TWRP technically stands for “Team Win Recovery Project” Which is an open-source custom recovery image for Android devices. It does require a condition though which is that your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked. As you know for rooting an android device the first requirement is the Unlocked Bootloader and then on the second step, you will need TWRP Recovery installed on your phone. When you install a system update on your device, booting into recovery is part of the process. Every device has a stock recovery installed for this reason, but it has no user-accessible functions.
- But to seamlessly root an Android phone, you must install Magisk.
- That will get you started but definitely do a lot of research so you understand what you are doing and more importantly what options are available.
- You have successfully installed Stock Firmware on your Huawei / Honor EMUI phone using TWRP recovery.
- Mahesh Makvana is a freelance tech writer who’s written thousands of posts about various tech topics on various sites.
Try the entire process and let us know how it has https://isshin.vn/step-by-step-guide-how-to-successfully-download/ worked out for you. All you got to do is just wait for a while as the system will take the backup of your device. Remember to name your backups with important information like date and partitions included. A full backup is anything that will restore your system state to when
- There is now a trend among Android users to install custom ROMs on their smartphones.
- After that, all the content backed up to your Google account should appear on the main screen for viewing.
- So if you face such a scenario, you will have the tools to restore back to the original state.
- As you hold this image file, patch it through Magisk and flash it through fastboot commands.
- You can disable apps in settings, be sure that they do not show up in the app drawer.
However, in some instances, a custom ROM might not be in sync with your requirement or a few apps or services might not be working in this customized ecosystem. In all these cases, the best bet is to restore your Nothing Phone 1 from Custom ROM to Stock. And in this guide, we will show you how to do just that. The project was started way back in 2013 when CyanogenMod was all hype, and it still continues to push new builds even today. It does nothing radical but brings a clean, AOSP-based ROM with rock-solid stability and a long list of device support.